Evergreen Content and Why Is It Important for SEO – Evergreen content is one that focuses on an evergreen topic without becoming outdated (what people would always google), using a key that cyclically solicits the interest of an ever new audience.
They concern topics that will never go out of fashion because they relate to themes and interests that are always constant over time.
Table of Contents
What Is Evergreen Content and Why Is It Important for SEO?
These evergreen contents are considered as a sort of pillars, as the stability or otherwise of the organic traffic within the site and of any conversions relating to the various projects rests on them. Over time they can be subject to “maintenance” to be adapted to the daily needs of the web.
In fact, a good marketing strategy must foresee this type of dynamic, as adapting to the continuous evolution and new dynamics of the web allows us to “make the right traffic, for the right users, at the right time” and therefore convert.
Why make articles with Evergreen Seo content?
The articles, having evergreen topics, are those that last forever and if of quality, are able to bring great indexing, organic traffic and natural links.
This also saves time and energy: once published they will be relevant for years and will only need a refresh every now and then to better adapt to the daily web needs.
Important to periodically update Evergreen content
The articles, made with evergreen content, require periodic review.
Given that the world is always evolving, while maintaining certain topics, always valid, there is a need to adapt, especially to Google’s algorithmic changes, to the emergence of new discoveries, to the transformations of search intent, the arrival of new competitors, in order not to risk losing positions and traffic.
Given the validity of the topic, small adjustments, updates and modifications are sufficient to give it new relevance.
Is the number of words in an article relevant for SEO?
The number of words contained in an article is not a factor that determines its quality, or at least it is not the first element to take care of. In fact, there is no ideal word count for SEO .
Google, or rather its algorithm, does not rely on the number of words in an article in order to identify the validity of a page. Rather, it is a matter of correlation and randomness.
That is, an article must be exhaustive, clear, easy to follow, including everything you need to know about that particular topic, and be neither too long nor too short.
There are some SEO Tools that help you understand and how to orient yourself on the average length to keep in an article, based on others already positioned. The real difference, however, is the purpose of the copy (purpose), the information it must contain and the audience to which it is addressed.
An article must be useful to the user, that is, have the ability to know how to answer the question and quality of content.
Therefore, it is important to always keep the contents of an article updated and review them periodically, thus having the opportunity to identify new opportunities to add calls to action and mentions to products where appropriate, finding a new channel to invite users to actions and convert.
It is also advisable to promote this content on different channels as well to further increase its value.
How to keep evergreen content updated and therefore valid?
There are several steps to take to keep evergreen content as pillars for Google site ranking:
- Evaluate the content already present on your site: analyzing your site is the first step to proceed with the update.
We identify which pages rank for target words and if there are any internal competitions and keyword cannibalization problems;
- Studying the Serp : by analyzing the Serp, it is possible to understand the Search intent of people and to understand what the search engine is rewarding for specific queries so as to give us an idea of how to build the articles to increase their positioning chances;
- Analyzing competitors : checking well-positioned opponents and seeing what they do through specific tools, such as Seozoom, allows you to have an immediate picture not only of how the content already chosen by Google looks like, but also of its length, publication date, use of headings and meta descriptions and other elements that can provide us with clues to understand why that content is positioned and how to try to achieve success for ours.
- Optimize onpage content – that is, expand the original article with new information.
- Time to Publish : That is, plan interventions and publish at least three months in advance of the expected peak in search volume to maximize results.
Create evergreen content
If you want to achieve results and always keep these contents valid, the only thing to do is to take care of them, monitor them and always keep them updated. In this way we guarantee the continuity of relevance for Google users of these “pillars”, which support our site.
We at techjustify analyze keywords and useful content for our customers every day to achieve their sales objectives.