And as an Instagram user, you must have searched for people or Instagram profiles using hashtags, locations, names, and others in the search menu.
Well, if what you are looking for is not known by other people who will hold your Android and open your Instagram. Then you need to delete the search history on your Instagram.
Table of Contents
WHY DOES INSTAGRAM KEEP SEARCH HISTORY?
Before going further, we discuss how to delete search history on your Instagram. Of course, you have to know first, why does Instagram save your search history every time you search in the Instagram search menu?
Obviously, Instagram will save it. Because with your search history it will be easier to find it again if one day you want to find it again. Given that everyone is looking for something exactly the same as before.
For example, if you search for #video Lucu then the search word will automatically be saved in your Instagram search engine and will be there every time you search for it again. That way you don’t have to type it over and over again.
But apart from making things easy. With this search history, you will also be suggested some posts that match what you typed in the search engine and will continue to appear on your homepage.
For example, earlier we typed in the search, namely #Videoviral. Then every video or photo post that has the hashtag will appear on your homepage. Of course, if you don’t want to appear on the veranda because it’s very annoying, right?
Therefore, the following techjustify.com will provide how to delete search history on Instagram.
DELETE INSTAGRAM SEARCH HISTORY
It’s the same with other search engines like Google. You can delete the search history like the first time it was installed or clean, there was no search at all. But you need to clean it regularly every time you search for anything on Instagram.
Following techjustify.com, here are two ways to delete search history on an Android cellphone and also on a PC or computer:
How to Clear Search History On Instagram
How to Clear Search History On Instagram via Android Phones
- First, open your Instagram application as usual then click the Search icon in the lower-left corner.
- After that, click on the Search on the screen.
- Click See All.
- Then on the Clear all search history.
- If it’s still not clear then you can squeeze it repeatedly.
How to Clear Search History On Instagram Via Computer or PC Web Browser
- Open your respective browsers, you can use anything like Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox.
- Then go to the instagram.com website
- Then on your profile select the icon with a picture of a person in the upper right corner
- After that go to the settings right next to the edit profile menu
- Choose Privacy and Security
- Scroll down and select View Account Data
- There is your account activity then select see all in search history
- And Clear the search history.
- If a question appears click me Yes.
Done with the 2 methods above, you have successfully deleted your search history so you are no longer afraid if someone else opens your Instagram.
The final word
That’s how to Delete & Clear search history on Instagram that you can use to prevent your Android smartphone from being used by other people. With this, your personal data and your privacy will be more secure and guaranteed. Good luck..