TubeBuddy vs VidIQ: Which Youtube Tool to Choose in 2023 – 500 hours of video are posted on YouTube every minute! With such competition, it is difficult, yet crucial, to position yourself on the first page of search results.
This is where TubeBuddy or VidIQ comes into play. These are tools that YouTubers use to improve the reach of their channels, thanks to natural referencing. They are quite similar and each has advantages. This makes them difficult to separate.
Table of Contents
VidIQ and TubeBuddy, what are they exactly?
TubeBuddy and VidIQ are YouTube SEO extensions. They allow you to improve the referencing of your videos, thanks to powerful analytical tools.
Both provide access to more complete statistics than those offered natively by the platform. Including keyword analysis.
YouTube is indeed the second largest search engine in the world. It works the same way as Google: the more optimized and popular a video is, the more views it gets and goes up in the results. This, in turn, improves the visibility of the channel and attracts more subscribers.
The title, description, tags, all of this can affect the performance of a video. Reason why VidIQ and TubeBuddy are among the most useful youtuber apps.
What are the Similarities between TubeBuddy vs VidIQ?
The two sets have a lot in common. They each offer a free version and three paid plans. On the statistical side , they provide comparable and fairly advanced data (on your channel, but also that of others).
They also contain various particularly attractive tools. For example: the ability to study the competition, or change the cards and end screens of all your videos at once. A great time saver !
Plus, both TubeBuddy and VidIQ have a mobile app , so you can keep tabs on your performance wherever you are.
What Are the differences between TubeBuddy and VidIQ
In the free version, both are equal, more or less. On the other hand, when it comes to paid plans , TubeBuddy stands out.
First, it offers 50% off the basic offer ($4.50/month instead of $9), to youtubers who have less than 1000 subscribers. Which makes it more affordable than VidIQ ($7.50). TubeBuddy therefore has the merit of helping small channels.
But above all, with around 65 features available in the most expensive version, TubeBuddy offers the most comprehensive range. Also, VidIQ is not yet installable on all browsers. We think of Edge for example…
- Price : TubeBuddy‘s value for money is indisputable (cheaper, for more features);
- The keyword explorer: it is much more readable and offers more results in the free version than that of VidIQ;
- Monthly searches: in this same version, TubeBuddy displays the number of queries per month for the keywords you enter.
- Customer service: several options, ranging from forums to personalized assistance, are available;
- The community: the forum allows you to interact with users and guarantees an answer to any question you may have.
- The statistics bar of your channel in real time: from the free version, it is displayed on any YouTube page. Contrary to the data of this one, which it is necessary to go to seek in the Studio;
- The website: partially available in French, including the help center (for very basic questions though);
- The user interface on the site: its presentation is quite minimalist, which makes it easier to use and read the results;
- The VidIQ Academy: a complete course to learn how to launch a successful YouTube channel.
Is TubeBuddy right for you?
1. You want multiple features
As mentioned above, TubeBuddy provides you with a wider range of tools. Which means: more opportunities to develop yourself. The many features allow you to refine your strategy and take your channel to the next level.
2. You like to be accompanied
The forums and the more complete support offer make it possible not to feel alone or helpless in the face of a problem.
What about VidIQ then?
It will be perfect for:
1. YouTubers who run multiple channels
The paid offer, from VidIQ Boost, allows you to upgrade up to 5 YouTube channels. It will therefore be more economical to opt for this solution.
2. Newbie YouTubers
The narrower feature offering and user interface on the site makes VidIQ less intimidating for youtubers just getting started. There are already enough parameters to take into account when starting out on YouTube.
VidIQ therefore has the advantage of being more accessible and of not drowning you in a mass of additional tools.
And the winner is…
Well, and with all that, which one do we choose? TubeBuddy or VidIQ ?
Honestly, the game is tight, but we ended up deciding. In our eyes, the TubeBuddy extension wins the game, thanks to its extensive features and low price .
What better way to boost your YouTube channel than with a variety of tools that put your videos at the top of search results ?
Read Also: 7 Best Youtube Analytic Tools
Which Tool Recommend by Techjustify
TubeBuddy and VidIQ are great tools, and users can use them together. However, TubeBuddy is more feature rich and more affordable than VidIQ.
TubeBuddy outperforms or equates VidIQ in all major categories except for analysis and demonetization prevention.
It is your ideal partner if you want to improve your SEO on the platform and develop yourself as a youtuber. For more information, do not hesitate to discover all the features of TubeBuddy on this page