Best Email Cleaner Tools to Clean Up Inbox (2023) – Are you also tired of finding yourself with an inbox full of unprocessed messages ? Are you looking for an effective solution to clean your mailboxes and get rid of your spam ? Can’t find important emails in your inbox anymore?
You are in the right place. We are going to show you in this file 6 mailbox cleaning tools. Use powerful software for the proper management of your unnecessary emails and spam. Clean and tidy mailboxes in the form of folders have a positive impact on productivity.
What is a tool to clean your mailbox?
A tool to clean up a mailbox is software (free or paid) that allows you to restore order in electronic messaging . It is used, among other things, to:
- Filter messages .
- Delete unwanted and unnecessary mail : spam, newsletters, emails from social networks.
- Unsubscribe from certain senders who regularly send emails that the user does not read .
- Block certain senders : blocking is sometimes necessary. Even if one unsubscribes from a sender, some mails may still slip through the net.
- Classify and label emails by category .
- Archive emails .
- Automate actions on messaging .
The list is not exhaustive, it all depends on the functionalities offered by the chosen solutions.
Regardless of the solution considered, the operating principle remains the same. They analyze user habits to categorize the emails that land in their mailbox. What are the valid emails (always read and answered)? What are the items to delete (never read and never answered)? Are there any duplicate or bounced emails ?
Once done, they will offer the user a cleaning plan (filtering, deletion, archiving, unsubscribing, etc.) to validate. The latter can refuse or accept. The software will then offer him an automation that will happen on its own. And in the end, only important messages, announcements and newsletters deemed interesting will remain…
Of course, you can manually clean your mailbox by doing everything yourself. But this is not always obvious. You may not have time to do this :
Best Email Cleaner Tools to clean your mailbox
Find in the paragraphs below the 6 best tools to clean a mailbox.
Cleanfox is the most popular of all. It is accessible on the website and in an application version for iOS and Android OS . You just have to enter your e-mail address so that it can analyze its content. He will then have you validate the actions he plans to take.
Cleanfox sorts, classifies and filters your emails. It promises to remove spam emails and reduce or even prevent the receipt of similar emails . It is GDPR compliant, so you don’t have to worry about your data being disclosed. But it can sell your data for statistical analysis. This is the way for him to finance himself to be able to continue to offer you his services for free.
2. Leave Me Alone
Leave Me Alone is a powerful email cleaning solution . It offers 3 main features, namely:
- The unsubscription of unwanted senders : after analysis of your emails, it offers you a list of senders that it deems undesirable. It’s up to you to tick those you no longer want and untick those you want to keep.
- Group the newsletters that you appreciate : it will set up a system to receive the newsletters that you have decided to keep. It will group them into folders (10 maximum) and send them to you daily/weekly at the times you want.
- Block unwanted mail senders : it will only keep senders you trust and whose sent mails are of interest to you. It removes the rest and blocks their senders at the source so they can’t email you anymore. And this, even if you no longer use the services it provides.
With just one Leave Me Alone subscription , you can clean up all of your email accounts . There is no quantitative limit . You can also prioritize certain senders to make sure you always receive the mails they send to you. And finally, it offers you the “ Do not disturb ” mode. It receives your emails, but only sends them to you when you can be disturbed again.
The subscription to Leave Me Alone costs :
- €6 incl. tax for occasional use : you can use all of its features for a week (7 days).
- €8 including tax for the Casual Emailer package : a monthly subscription that offers you all the features mentioned above except the “Do not disturb” mode and the prioritization of senders.
- €14 including tax for the Inbox Zero Hero package : a monthly subscription including all features.
These are non-binding subscriptions, you can cancel them at any time.
SupscriptionZero is for use if you don’t want your inbox filled with spam . We are referring here to newsletters andcold marketing emails . It will group these in a folder. And it will present them to you in the form of a complete summary like an online reader. Unlike the other solutions mentioned in the previous paragraphs, SubscriptionZero does not seek to access your mail.
That’s why it doesn’t ask you for access to your email. It just helps you get rid of unnecessary messages that waste your time and productivity .
This software allows you to unsubscribe from senders from whom you no longer wish to receive anything. It provides you with a special email address to which you can forward newsletters and promotional offers . You can also use this new email address to subscribe to new newsletters . You will not receive them in your main mailbox this way . But you will still be able to read them when you can through your SubscriptionZero account.
If you use this solution, your data will be better protected . Indeed, when you subscribe to certain newsletters or something like that, you take risks. Your email and the data you provide may be shared or sold to third parties. These will, in turn, bombard you with emails or use them illegally.
Triage is a solution reserved for iPhone users. It supports iCloud Mail, Gmail, Fastmail and IMAP mails. Its particularity lies in the fact that it presents unread emails in the form of a stack of cards to be sorted. And one card equals one unread message. The goal here isn’t to replace your mailbox, but rather to help declutter it .
After seeing a preview of the map, you can swipe it left or right:
- Left: Mail will be permanently archived.
- Right: mail will stay in your inbox
You can also click on the card to read the full discussion and respond before swiping.
Mailstrom is an online software like Cleanfox. After analyzing your mailbox, it allows you in a few clicks to:
- Sort, filter and archive your mail .
- Delete and move your emails individually or not .
- Block unwanted senders .
- Block mail by subject : you choose a keyword and if it appears in the subject, the message is automatically blocked.
- Unsubscribe from unnecessary newsletters and spam .
- Set up an automation that will allow you to effortlessly declutter your email on a daily basis .
Mailstrom sends you a weekly report of actions taken so you can see the status of your mailbox . And even if it collects your data, it does not disclose it since it is GDPR compliant .
If you want to benefit from the services of Mailstrom, you must subscribe to a subscription . It offers you a free trial after which you have to start paying monthly installments. These range from $9 to $29.95 per month depending on how many email accounts you want to clean.
6. Clean Email
Clean Email is available on website and in application version to download on Play Store AND App Store . It offers the same functionalities as Mailstrom , but with the possibility of mail segmentation . This is his strong point. It groups similar emails to be able to apply a mass action: deletion, unsubscription, archiving , etc.
Clean Email is free to use for up to 1,000 emails . Beyond this quantity, you must pay a subscription:
- $9.99 per month for 1 account.
- $19.99 per month for 5 accounts.
- $29.99 per month for 10 accounts.
If you plan to use the services of Clean Email year-round, prefer an annual subscription . You will make huge savings (up to 70%). Subscriptions are not necessarily synonymous with commitment, you can withdraw at any time .
Note: unless otherwise specified, these tools work regardless of your email provider (gmail, yahoo mail, windows outlook, etc.).
Why use a solution to clean your mailbox?
It is important to clean your mailbox because digital pollutes as much as mobility. Indeed, email accounts (Yahoo, Outlook and others) work on the basis of a cloud system , an online storage space. And this storage space is not unlimited.
Granted, we’re talking about online storage, but that’s just a term used in reference to the fact that email doesn’t consume space on the devices it’s used on. Think again ! The storage in question is done on very real supports. All data is saved on large hard drives called data centers and these consume a lot of electricity (power, cooling).
If the mailboxes are therefore not cleaned, they will occupy a lot of space in the data centers . Once these are saturated, the whole system will slow down . It will therefore be necessary to add other hard drives to gain speed.
However, more data centers means more electricity consumed and more CO2 emissions . And this, without counting the environmental cost of the exploitation, the extraction and the transformation of the materials necessary for their manufacture. This is called digital pollution. It is invisible, but its impact on the environment is felt.