How to Change the Default Account in Gmail? We have created this fantastic guide to explain in a clear and simple way how you can change the default account in Google, Gmail, and Android.
We will also explain how you can change the default Google account on an Android mobile and how to unlink the mobile from your Google account.
CHANGE THE DEFAULT ACCOUNT ON GOOGLE
It is possible that for some reason you need to change the default Google account of any of your devices associated with it.
You may also be looking for a way to change the default account in Gmail on your mobile or on your work computer.
Or you may want to sell your Android mobile and find a way to change the Google account associated with that phone.
All this is possible to do in a simple and fast way, so we go by parts and with the explanation of how it is done in each situation.
HOW TO SET A DEFAULT ACCOUNT IN GMAIL
We all know that Gmail has become the most widely used email management platform today.
You need to have a Gmail account to receive and send emails, to associate mobile phones, to synchronize different computers through Google Chrome, etc.
In this case, there are people who, for their work or pleasure, have several Gmail accounts associated with the same or several devices and you want each team to have a default account.
For example, if you have two Gmail accounts on your work mobile and you want the default to be the work one and not the personal one on that mobile.
If this is the case for you, follow these steps to change the default Gmail account on a specific device:
»The first thing you have to do is log out of all the Gmail accounts that you have open on that computer.
If you click on the profile photo that you will see in the upper right part of the screen you will see that the photo of the main account appears in large size and below the other open accounts with one that is set by default.
To change the default Google account, click the button to log out of all your accounts.
»Now, log back into your Gmail account but this time use the details of the account you want to be the default on that computer.
The first account with which you log into Gmail will be the default on that computer, any other account will be the second one as you can see in the image.
In this simple way, the default Google account is changed on any computer where you use Gmail.
CHANGE THE DEFAULT ACCOUNT ON ANDROID
It is also possible to change the default Gmail account on an Android phone as long as you have 2 or more accounts associated with the mobile.
In this case, the process is much simpler and easier to carry out since you only have to select the account that you want to be the main one and configure the synchronization options.
You should not confuse changing the default Gmail account on a mobile with changing the Gmail account for another on the mobile, something that they tend to do a lot when your phone is lost or stolen.
To change the default Google account on an Android mobile, follow these steps:
- If you have several accounts associated with the phone, open the Gmail application on your mobile phone and click on the profile photo that you will find in the upper right corner.
You will see all the accounts associated with that phone and the option to add another account to the mobile if you wish.
- You just have to click on the account that you want to be the default one so that the Gmail mailbox changes to that of that account.
- Once you have selected the Gmail account that you want to be the default, you can edit which data is synchronized from the Manage your Google Account button.
CHANGE USER IN ANDROID
But it is possible that what you are looking for is to add a new user on your Android phone to be able to change from one to another as you need.
For example, create a user associated with a Gmail account for when you are working and another user with another account for when you are not.
This is possible as long as you add a new user to your Android mobile phone from the configuration settings.
- To add a new user to an Android phone you have to go into the phone’s Settings, System options and then into Multiple Users .
- Activate the Multiple Users options to enable the possibility of Adding Users that you must click and follow the prompts.
- To add a new user on Android, when you have an activated unlock pin or pattern, you must enter it to confirm that you are the owner of the phone.
- Once the new user has been added with their Gmail account, you can switch from one to the other, each with their own personal space, their applications, files, and email accounts.
This may be the best option that exists to change your Gmail account as you need it on Android.
These are the best methods to change the default Google account if you have multiple Gmail accounts in use.
We are always open to your problems, questions, and suggestions, so feel free to Comment on us by filling this. This is a free service that we offer, We read every message we receive.