How to Clear all Youtube History on Smartphone and PC – Youtube History is a feature that makes it easy for users to search for videos that have been watched before.
Even so, some people don’t like it when other people find out what the history is on their Youtube account. Therefore, how to delete Youtube history will try to be discussed here.
History on Youtube will display keywords or a list of searches you’ve done. If you feel unsafe with the history on Youtube
Google actually has provided an option to delete it. In order not to be curious, you can see the review below.
Youtube History Function
Before you delete Youtube history , you need to know that the history of videos or searches that you have watched before also has several functions that will make it easier for you to use Youtube. Some of these functions include:
1. Serving recommendations for videos that we like
With a history of the videos we watch and what topics we often look for, Youtube will easily find us other video recommendations that we are likely to like. That way, we can feel at home looking at video recommendations from Youtube.
2. Revisit the video we watched
The existence of a Youtube history will also make it easier for us to re-watch videos that we previously watched. This is quite effective for long videos that we don’t finish watching once.
3. Shorten search time
If you delete Youtube history , of course your search will take longer. Especially if you forget the title or Youtube channel you want to watch.
Having a history will make it easier for you to find videos that you don’t even have time to remember the title of.
Reasons for Deleting Youtube History
There are many reasons why many people want to delete video history and also searches on their Youtube account. Some of these reasons include:
- Maintain privacy
Many people feel that their viewing on Youtube is one of the privacy that must be maintained so they prefer to delete the history of videos watched. Especially for those who use the same device with other people and have to take turns.
- Avoiding Digital Ads
One source of information for digital advertisers to market their products to the right people is from their behavior on smartphones, the internet, or gadgets, including from Instagram history , Facebook, Youtube data.
How to Delete Youtube History
There are two ways that you can use to delete the history on your Youtube account. The first is through an application on a smartphone, and the second through a browser on a PC. To find out both ways, please refer to the discussion below:
1. How to Delete Youtube History Via the Youtube Application on Mobile
For those of you who access Youtube more often from the smartphone application, you can use the following method. The settings are almost the same for both Android and iPhone users.
- Open the Youtube application on your cellphone.
- After that, click on the Profile picture in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Next, select Settings .
- Select the History & Privacy option .
- Here, you can delete the browsing history list on Youtube. To do so, please click on the Delete watch history option .
Now no more Youtube video search list will appear. You can safely lend your smartphone to your friends, relatives, or siblings to watch Youtube.
If you want to delete Youtube history one by one, then you can delete it via the Youtube search field.
To do this, click on the search result that you want to delete for a few seconds. After the pop-up menu appears , click Delete .
2. How to Delete Youtube History Via Browser on PC
You can delete YouTube history on a PC using a browser such as Chrome, Opera, or Firefox.
Actually, how to do it is almost the same as the app version, only, there are some adjustments that you need to know. For more details you can see below:
- Open the browser on your PC.
- After that, please visit the Youtube site.
- If so, login to your Youtube account.
- After logging into your Youtube account, click the Youtube search field at the top. Please select the Remove option on each search that appears.
- If you want to delete it in its entirety, click the Profile icon in the top right corner. Then select Settings .
- Next, select the History option on the left side of the screen, then select Watch History .
- To clear all search lists, click Clear All Watch History .
- Not long after, there will be a confirmation pop-up to delete the history. Just click Clear Watch History to delete it.
3. How to Delete Youtube History Via Google Activity
Youtube is one of the services owned by Google so you can also do some settings through Google.
One that you can set is related to search history on Youtube. To do this, you can access the Google Activity menu . Here are the steps:
- First, please open a browser on your PC.
- If so, please visit the Google Activity settings menu via the following address myactivity.google.com.
- After the web page opens, please click the three lines in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Select Activity Controls .
- Scroll to the bottom, then select Manage Activity in the Youtube History section .
- After you enter the Youtube History menu , please click Delete .
- Select the All Time period to delete all Youtube history lists at once.
- If you are lazy to always delete Youtube history , you can activate the Auto-delete feature .
This method you can do through a browser or using the Google application on Android. If you don’t have it, please download it on the Play Store first.
4. How to Youtube History Deleting Videos Watched 3 – 12 Months Ago
If you just want to delete Youtube video history from 3 – 12 months ago, then you can do this. With this option, history that is more than 3 to 12 months ago will be deleted and lost. To do this, follow these instructions:
- First, please open a browser on your PC.
- Visit the Youtube site and login to your Youtube account.
- If so, please go to the History option on the left of the page.
- After you click, you can see the history of the videos you watched on Youtube. Please click Manage All Activity .
- Next, you will be directed to the Google Activity page . There is an option to delete Youtube history starting from 3 months to 12 months ago.
- Next, you will be directed to a confirmation page to delete the YouTube viewing history that you have done 3 – 12 months ago.
- Please click Confirm to delete it. Furthermore, Youtube history that is more than 12 months will be automatically deleted permanently .
If you don’t want to save information about the history of videos you’ve watched on your Youtube account, then you can apply the above method of deleting Youtube history .
After that, you can freely watch anything on Youtube without anyone knowing.
Hopefully, you are like these ways to Clear all Youtube History on Mobile and PC and we are always open to your problems, questions, and suggestions, so feel free to Comment on us by filling this.
This is a free service that we offer, We read every message we receive and tell those we helped by sharing our posts with friends