Today it is easy to create shortcuts to programs such as Excel , Word and any other software you have installed.
Although the process is simple, not everyone knows how to achieve it. It is for this reason that we will explain it to you shortly.
- How can you create an Excel shortcut within Windows 10?
- From the web version of Excel
- If you have the desktop version
- How to make an Excel shortcut using keyboard commands in Windows 10?
- How to create an Excel shortcut on the taskbar of this operating system?
- What to do if you want an Excel shortcut in the Windows 10 start menu?
Table of Contents
How can you create an Excel shortcut within Windows 10?
Although we know that the Excel program has hundreds of functions that we can work on, we can access it easily and more when we create a shortcut .
Since this function will make you enter in a single click. Note that you don’t need to open a file to view its contents, but you can choose to preview files in Windows instead .
From the web version of Excel
To create a direct access from the web you have to access your Google Drive account , create a document.
If you already have one created you can execute it, for that you have to go to the files option and select add direct access to drive, from there a box will be displayed where it will show you 4 different options which are
- My unit
- Shared with you
Depending on each user or where the document is saved, when you enter it will appear to Add to Direct Access .
Once the process is finished to search for your file you will have to locate the icon in the shape of a folder that will have the name MOVE.
This option is used to connect to the web data source . This has become a feature that has been available in Excel for a while, but there have been some new ways to do it in the releases.
It is thanks to the new updates that it is possible to access more options and menus, such is the case of activating the autosave of Microsoft Excel .
If you have the desktop version
When we work in Excel either with documents , tables, forms, images or the option that we need from this program and we have to continue working there is a very easy way to open our document, for that we create a direct access to our spreadsheet, AND this will appear on our desktop, for that you must follow these steps
- Go to the main bar and select the office button
- Then select the save option
- A window with several options will be displayed, select the option ‘Desktop’
- Select the Accept option.
In this way you will have your document saved and you will have the direct access on the desktop and it will be easier to access the document when you continue working.
How to make an Excel shortcut using keyboard commands in Windows 10?
We know that Windows is a program that has many functions that we can use, so when we want to work quickly, we can run programs and create shortcuts.
We will have the ease of being able to open it with the keyboard and thus not have to be looking at the documents we already have. That is why we will show you the steps to follow:
- First you have to press on the keyboard HOME + R
- A window will appear where we run the program
- You will write the word Excel
- Then you have to click OK
- The program will open immediately and you will be ready to start working
After you have created the shortcut to the program or file, it will be easier for you to modify its content, especially if you want to put or remove watermark in Excel .
How to create an Excel shortcut on the taskbar of this operating system?
It is very common and natural that we are always talking about Excel, since it is one of the tools most used by people when it comes to working.
Because of its multiple functions it makes work easier, so for the comfort of people we will explain how to put the shortcut to the taskbar of your operating system.
- We will start by going to the Start button
- In the search engine you will write the word Excel
- The program will appear and you will give it a right click
- Several options will appear and we select pin to the taskbar
- Once the process is finished, you will have access to the program
What to do if you want an Excel shortcut in the Windows 10 start menu?
Since Windows is a program that has countless functions and thanks to that, it makes it easier for us to search for the options we want.
We will show you how to create an Excel shortcut in its menu so that you can quickly access the desired program.
- Go to Windows start menu
- In the search engine you will see the option of All Programs
- Once in the folder we select the Microsoft Office Excel option
- Click the right button of your mouse
- Select the Pin to Start Menu option
Once you have finished all the steps, every time you enter the start of Windows you will have the program’s direct access in the menu bar.
People Also Searching These types of keywords On Google :
how to create desktop shortcut windows 10, create excel shortcut on desktop windows 10, how to create app shortcut on desktop windows 10, how to create a shortcut to a folder in windows 10, how to create shortcut on desktop, how to create shortcut on desktop for application, how to create a desktop shortcut to a website, how to put microsoft word icon on desktop windows 10.
We are always open to your problems, questions, and suggestions, so feel free to Comment on us by filling this. This is a free service that we offer, We read every message we receive.