9 Best SEO Plugins for Shopify in 2023 | Shopify SEO – Shopify is an easy-to-use and very effective platform for launching your e-commerce. But to stand out from the competition and attract traffic to your website, your online store must be optimized for natural referencing.
Shopify has understood this and now offers many SEO plugins that will allow you to considerably improve your positioning in the SERPs.
To help you achieve your sales goals, here is a selection of the best SEO optimization plugins to absolutely integrate into your Shopify site and tips to top the search results!
Best SEO Plugins for Shopify to boost your e-commerce
Running an online business takes time and SEO knowledge that not all online marketers have.
Fortunately, there are many plugins that will save you time and visibility on the web!
Plug in SEO
It’s the most famous SEO plugin on Shopify and, in addition to being effective, it’s free!
Plug in SEO is a multilingual application, similar to Yoast on WordPress.
Regularly updated, the module is very complete and easy to configure. Here are some of its features:
- Structured data management to enrich rich snippets with customer reviews , events, FAQs , etc.
- Automatic SEO checker: titles, meta descriptions , content, loading speed, structure of the different pages… The tool notifies you as soon as your store has an SEO problem.
- Bulk SEO editor: you will be able to optimize your SEO data in the blink of an eye for all your product pages, your collections or your blog.
- Track your organic traffic and rankings with Google Search Console integration.
- 404 link management: the application helps you fix and configure all your redirects .
All in One & Auto SEO
All in One & Auto SEO is a toolbox that will scan your e-commerce site and analyze your SEO issues. The plugin is in free trial for 7 days and then goes to less than 8 € monthly.
Its features include:
- Creating meta tag templates.
- Tracking your broken links.
- Checking speed on both desktop and mobile and ways to improve it.
- Tracking your keywords and shares on social networks .
Small inconvenience of the module, you will not be able to benefit from assistance in French, but only in English.
Smart SEO is a smart SEO plugin that will help you drastically reduce the time spent on your website to optimize it.
Affordable and easy to use, you get a 7-day free trial, and then the tool will cost you less than $9 per month after that.
Its main characteristics:
- Automatically generate meta and Alt tags for each product in your e-store.
- Pass your structured data to Google.
- Generate an XML sitemap by allowing you to choose which pages to include or exclude.
Booster SEO & Image Optimizer
In an online store, quality images are essential to present the products for sale, but often heavy, they cause a lot of slowdown on the site.
Booster SEO & Image Optimizer offers you, among other things, to:
- Boost your traffic from Google Images search by optimizing your Alt tags .
- Optimize your title and meta description tags .
- Compress your images.
- Receive weekly SEO reports by email.
- Automatically redirect your 404 broken links.
Several options are available, including a free version with the basic tools to improve your images.
AMP by Shop Sheriff
With ever-increasing mobile traffic, mobile user experience is a key factor in your search engine rankings.
Creating AMP pages (Accelerated Mobile Pages) is therefore essential both for your SEO referencing and for your customer satisfaction.
AMP by Shop Sheriff is a free plugin, which is recommended by the official Google AMP team! With this tool, you will be able to:
- Create or edit AMP templates
- Convert all your pages to AMP format
- Significantly increase the loading speed of your web pages which will be automatically cached by Google
- Optimize your URLs
- Integrate Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager to further improve your relevant pages.
SEO Product Optimizer
This plugin will boost the organic visibility of your Shopify store on search engines, mobile media and social networks.
SPO is a user-friendly and very complete tool that will allow you to:
- Customize your social media link previews (title, image and description).
- Benefit from a suggestion of niche keywords for your products.
- Get relevant SEO advice for your SEO strategy.
- Generate rich snippets with JSON LD.
You can try SEO Product Optimizer for free for 14 days, its paid version is then less than 14 € per month.
SEO Content Blocks
If you are looking to improve your SEO reference and attract more customers to your e-commerce site, download SEO Content Blocks !
With this plugin, you will be able to add additional content blocks to your Shopify store, even if you have no concept of coding.
The tool allows you to insert a whole range of blocks: FAQ, slides, textual content, blog post…
This tool is perfect for optimizing your home page or your collection pages, but also your internal linking with the possibility of adding internal links in the newly created blocks.
You will be able to test the application for free for 9 days, then the basic plan will cost you €5.22 per month.
8. Google Reviews by Reputon
Customer reviews are the best way to increase the trust of your visitors and therefore your conversion rate!
With Google Reviews by Reputon you will be able to display in your e-commerce site the opinions left by your customers on your Google My Business page.
Three styles of widgets are available to boost your online notoriety: the badge, the list of reviews or the carousel of testimonials.
After a 7-day free trial, the plugin becomes paid with a price of €5.22 per month.
Since Shopify is a CMS dedicated to commerce, you will find many features to encourage your prospects to buy.
Featured products, for example, allow you to display a selection of products directly on your home page.
Unfortunately, this option poses an SEO problem. Although the “canonical” tag is present (it tells search engines that the page is a copy of another), it does not prevent crawlers from following its link to the original page.
You thus lose crawl budget and the indexing of your site is impacted!
Fortunately, the Sitemap & NoIndex Manager plugin will help you remedy this problem by declaring in “Noindex” all duplicate pages.
The application is chargeable, but inexpensive compared to its usefulness with less than €3.50 per month.
4 tips to improve the SEO optimization of your Shopify site
If these SEO optimization plugins are going to help you rank better in search results, it is important to know all the options to improve your natural referencing with Shopify.
1. Choose an SEO oriented theme
Unfortunately, many online marketers choose their theme primarily for its aesthetics.
Although it is an important criterion, only an SEO theme will allow you to reach the first search results on Google.
- Choose a paid Shopify theme.
- Check that it is responsive to display correctly on all screens (smartphone, tablet and computer).
- Make sure it is updated regularly.
- Opt for a theme popular with other merchants such as Speedfly and Fastlane for example.
2. Optimize your tags
Most of the plugins offered an offer to help you optimize your tags, but you can also customize them directly on Shopify:
- The title tag and meta-description are available in the Pages tab by clicking on “Edit the natural referencing of the website”.
- The Alt tag of images: to write your tag, click on “Edit” from your image. A pop-up will open. Fill in the field left empty.
3. Customize your URL
Your page URL is broken down into two parts: the taxonomies (page, product, or category) followed by the page title.
Despite recurring requests from users, Shopify does not allow these taxonomies to be modified, which are always displayed in English and represent an SEO penalty compared to other CMSs.
However, you can change the end of these automatically generated URLs by clicking on “Edit website SEO” from your page.
Replace editable text, making sure to include a relevant keyword!
4. Optimize your Content Marketing
Even an online store needs fresh and relevant SEO content!
Do not neglect your textual content both in your product sheets and in your blog pages.
Always choose your keywords and your semantic field carefully and write articles regularly.
For example, you can give advice on use, write tutorials or guides, share the latest trends, etc.
To conclude: whatever the products or services you want to highlight on your Shopify site, your natural referencing is essential to sell well.
Using the right SEO optimization plugins and writing quality content is the first step to success.