How to Generate Leads on LinkedIn – If you want to know how to get quality leads on LinkedIn, in this article you will see 12 practices to generate leads on LinkedIn with examples that can help you get clients on the largest professional social network in the world.
LinkedIn is the best social network for finding business connections as this platform is very focused on professionals and their interactions, which makes it an excellent place to find contacts that can become new business opportunities.
However, many people are not aware of its power or do not know how to use it to capture those contacts. Here are some tips on how to generate leads for your brand through this social network.
What are leads on LinkedIn?
A lead , is a digital marketing term that refers to the interest that a company or a person has shown in your products or services and that has left their data in your business , either through a form, comment… for which you as a brand, can start interacting with it.
In summary, the meaning of lead is a potential client who has shown an interest in what you offer and, in return, leaves their contact information.
How to capture leads on LinkedIn?
Remember that you can only get the lead in potential customers, those who are customers, you already have their contact information.
For this reason, I am going to teach you a series of techniques so that you can learn how to get leads in the social network of professionals.
12 Practices to get leads on LinkedIn
Define your objectives for the generation of leads on LinkedIn
This step is key and crucial when starting to want to generate leads on LinkedIn. It is useless to start on the social network if you do not have the purpose for which you want to carry out this digital marketing action .
Do a study of your business on this social network to find out what situation you are in and thus assess the points for improvement when carrying out a strategy.
- What problems do you solve?
- What are the concerns of the audience you are going to address?
- What differential advantage do you bring?
Knowing all these questions will help you plan your lead strategy in the best possible way.
It is also very important that you analyze and study your direct competition , to find out what actions they are taking to get leads.
With the previous recommendation, I am not saying that you copy, since what may work for one person may not work for another, but it will help you to get ideas, analyze them and be able to adapt and modify them to the style of your business when it comes to apply them.
Trace your target audience to get qualified leads
You can’t start getting leads if you don’t know who you’re targeting and no, you’re not targeting everyone.
You have to generate a document of who your ideal buyer persona or client is , in this way you can draw up a strategy focused on that type of audience, in a way that will help you rule out those users who are not in tune with what you offer.
There are many tools on the Internet that can help you meet your ideal client, one of them is the information that LinkedIn offers you about your contacts.
But that alone is not enough, you must answer a series of important questions when creating a buyer persona document, such as:
- What are your fears?
- What social networks do you use?
- What is your financial situation?
- What job position does he hold?
- Where you live?
- By what means do you prefer to be contacted?
- How old are you?
- What are your interests?
There are many templates on the Internet that can help you answer important questions in crafting your ideal client.
Complete and optimize the profile of your LinkedIn account
First impressions count a lot. That is why it is important that you complete all the information requested by the LinkedIn professional account and that the content is always updated.
To get qualified leads on LinkedIn with this step, it is essential that you intelligently use all the sections that the social network allows you to cover.
- Profile name : Enter your real name and surname, no nicknames or nicks.
- Cover photo : It is a powerful visual space to be able to make it clear what you offer and in what way. Humanize your cover by showing a photo of yourself or your team and strengthen your authority by showing the companies or media in which you have collaborated.
- Profile photo : Set aside scanned, ID or beach photos. Create a professional image according to your brand image. Use a close image, smiling and if you can strengthening your corporate colors, creating a remarkable image.
- Headline of the profile : Forget to put “manager of company X” or “Business Development/Innovation” Putting that and nothing is the same, you do not help the user to know what you can offer him. In this section , communicate what you offer, how you can help and what your point of value is.
- “About” text: LinkedIn is not a CV, so please do not treat this section as such. It is a great section to be able to specify and specify more the information that you put on the cover and headline.
The rest of the sections, such as your work experience, user reviews … will further strengthen your brand image and offer an attractive profile.
If you want more ideas to optimize your Linkedin profile, take a look at this guide with 18 steps that you must complete in your professional profile.
You have to perform the same steps on the LinkedIn company page, since it is another way to get leads.
Work on SEO in your LinkedIn account
SEO is not only in Google , social networks also work on positioning through the type of content that we introduce in our profiles. By working on the SEO of your LinkedIn profile, you will make your account stand out from your competitors, when users search inside and outside the social network.
Some of the keywords that you can enter in your profile are:
- Words that define your profession.
- Keywords of the name of your tool or service.
- Words that make the type of business clear.
Read Also: Benefits of LinkedIn for Business
How to Build Your Personal Brand on LinkedIn in 2023
Create personalized messages to connect with people of your interest
Escape at all costs from the default messages that LinkedIn offers you or what is worse, send requests without any type of message.
So how can you apply to make a difference on LinkedIn?
There is no specific script, but there are some guidelines that I recommend you follow:
- It shows that you have analyzed the person you are sending the message to.
- Explain why you want to contact that person.
- Say what caught your attention.
- Explain how it can be useful to have you in contact.
- Never, ever sell directly in an invitation message.
Join LinkedIn groups
Groups are largely forgotten in social networks, but they have their potential when it comes to getting leads.
The reason is that, by joining a group related to your topic, the people who are in the group have a point in common, so the content you publish generates interest in the audience of that group.
The way to stand out is by sharing relevant content, helping the community to solve their doubts and little by little, among the active audience, you will generate a reputation and recognition from them.
Create content of interest to your audience
The content strategy of your LinkedIn account should be related to the objective you have on the social network when it comes to getting leads.
I do not recommend that the majority of your posts always lead users to your services page.
There are other better ways to attract attention and make yourself stand out from the rest, such as:
- Sharing your own articles of interest to your audience.
- Using LinkedIn Pulse as a content tool to reach a larger audience.
- Uploading videos solving a pain point.
- Sharing videos from your YouTube channel.
- Upload infographics offering ideas or statistics.
And make this type of content up to date so that the audience knows and sees that you are up to date in your sector and that the frequency of publication is stable so that they see that you are an active profile.
Interact in the publications of your potential clients
Leave your social profile and interact with the publications of your contacts . It is a great way to humanize your brand and reach more potential interested contacts.
Make a comment whenever it helps or adds value to the person who receives it. It’s also a good idea to share other users’ content that may be of interest to your community.
All these lead capture strategies are long-term, they are methods that require effort, perseverance, dedication and time, a lot of time.
Tools to use to obtain qualified leads
After the previous tips to generate leads, I want to give you now 4 very useful tools to generate clients through LinkedIn in a faster way.
LinkedIn Sales Navigator
This LinkedIn social network tool allows you to search for leads and potential clients as quickly as possible .
It is a paid tool, but it has a free trial so you can test it and see the potential it has and then assess whether or not it is worth paying for it.
Create LinkedIn campaigns or ads to generate leads
A tool to get powerful leads on LinkedIn is through LinkedIn ads.
You will be able to segment the audience, indicate in which section of the social network you want to display the ads, analyze the behavior of the campaigns…
A great alternative to get qualified leads in the short term.
LinkedIn Gen Forms or lead generation forms
In the words of LinkedIn itself, with the forms you can:
- Generate qualified leads on a large scale.
- Analyze the cost per lead.
- Access the leads and download them from the administrator panel.
It is a direct way to advertise to your ideal audience and that they can leave you their contacts and then introduce them into a sales funnel.https://www.youtube.com/embed/-_DhJgvGHw4
LinkedIn Lead Builde
It is an extension of the already mentioned LinkedIn Sales Navigator feature.
With this tool you will be able to generate your list of contacts and narrow your search for potential clients, whether by country, region, position, company, etc.
To be able to use the advanced options, you must have a LinkedIn Premium account, although it offers you the possibility of trying it for free for a while.