How to Recover Instagram Deleted Messages – Instagram users may want to access deleted messages after a while. Reaching the messages we need for various reasons is not as easy as it seems.
If you really want to reach these messages, you should apply the guide we offer you in our content completely and follow the process without interruption.
What You Need to Know:
1: Various 3rd party apps won’t be able to help you with recovering deleted Instagram messages.
Because the data to be accessed is kept on Instagram servers and this data is only transferred to you upon your request.
2: You do not need to fill out any request or form for Instagram deleted messages. If you have such a request, it will remain unanswered.
Instagram teams do not have any service to forward deleted messages to you.
Table of Contents
Recover Instagram Deleted Messages
What’s In This Guide:
- Download Instagram data to computer.
- Converting JSON files to CSV format.
- View Instagram deleted messages in CSV Format.
1. Download Your Instagram Data to Your Computer
In order to access the deleted messages, you need to download all the data of your Instagram account to the computer.
To download Instagram data:
- Access your profile page and tap the three lines in the upper right corner.
- From the screen that opens, go to the “Settings” option.
- From here, follow the steps “Security” > “Data Download”
- While we are preparing this content, this screen welcomes us because we already made a data request. You will see a screen requesting your e-mail address.
- After entering the e-mail address, tap the “Request Download” button.
- As a final step, you will be asked for the password of your Instagram account. After providing this entry, we can now wait for our data from the Instagram servers to reach us. (This data may end up in the spam/junk box of your email address.)
It took about 1-2 hours for this data to reach us . The duration stated by Instagram is between 12-24 hours. However, it is possible to arrive earlier than this time.
Assuming that you have downloaded the data sent by Instagram to your computer, we pass to the next step.
2. Convert JSON Files to CSV Format
All files sent to you by Instagram are in .json format. It is possible to access Instagram deleted messages by opening these files, but due to the character problem, it is not fully legible. For this reason, we need to convert JSON Files to CSV Format.
First, let’s talk about where the deleted messages are stored:
- Located in the Messages folder,
- The “Message_requests” folder is the data of the messages ( Message Requests ) to be sent to you ,
- “Inbox” is the data of the people you are messaging directly.
From here, make your selection according to the location of the deleted messages.
Here we want to view the data in the Inbox folder and convert the “message_1.json” file to CSV Format via https://json-csv.com/ website.
Note: The Message_1.json file is just an example. There may be many message_X.json files in this folder. This will vary depending on the number of your deleted messages.
3. Recover Instagram Deleted Messages in CSV Format
The part up to this point is proof that the process of “Recovering Instagram deleted messages” is smooth.
When the CSV conversion is complete, all your deleted messages will be displayed at the bottom of the page.
If you wish, you can download these messages to your computer in Excel file format by clicking the “or Excel File (XLSX)” button.
Or you can choose the CSV file format with the “DOWNLOAD CSV” button.
You can learn the date and time of the messaging from the “messages__timestamp_ms” section. Anybody can find the sender’s username in the “messages__sender_name” section.
You can access the message content from the “messages__content” section.
As can be seen in the image, you can access your deleted messages in the clearest form with this method.
You can also access the photos sent and received in the message from the “photos” folder.
In this way, you can reach the content of the message both as text and as a file.
How Long Are Deleted Instagram Messages Retained?
In the statement that Instagram generally states on this subject, it is explained that the data will be kept confidential throughout the usage period of your account.
It is reported that information such as call logs will be kept confidential for 6 months.
If we consider that it only applies to call logs, we can understand that deleted Instagram messages are kept for a long time.
Can I Access the Messages of the Person Who Blocked Me?
It is possible to reach the conversations with the person who blocked you. When you view the messages of these users, ” Instagram User ” will be written in the ” messages__sender_name” section.
The only difference from other messages is that the username is displayed this way. There are no barriers to accessing deleted Instagram messages.
Do Deleted Messages Come Through 3rd Party Applications?
No way! In the first part of our content, we gave you short information about this subject, but we want to give you more detailed information as we see that many users are mistaken about this issue:
- Instagram and all similar social media platforms are not authorized to share user data with other people.
- Messages and other data are only stored on Instagram servers and users have the right to delete / download this data at any time.
- Applications offered to bring back Instagram messages are not deceptive and unreliable.
- Some 3rd party applications can result in theft of Instagram accounts as well as being deceptive.
- These applications can also charge users a fee. In return for this payment, different Instagram tools can be offered as well as the desired feature.
In general, Instagram deleted messages can only be restored with the methods included in our content, and this is the only solution. You do not need different platforms for deleted messages. You can send us your other questions about the subject in the comment area.
We are always open to your problems, questions, and suggestions, so feel free to Comment on us by filling this. This is a free service that we offer, We read every message we receive.