How to Track Instagram Account – How to track an ig account can actually be done easily if you know how. The number of users of the Instagram App is increasing day by day. Even one person can have more than one Instagram account.
The number of fake or second accounts makes other users need to feel alert to the dangers that lurk.
To anticipate that your account is followed by fake accounts, then you need to filter out suspicious accounts. You can change after your profile to a private account.
So that not all users can peek at the activities you share on Instagram. That way your account will be safer from irresponsible people.
How to Track IG Account
But if you are already confused with an account that you feel is suspicious, you can track the account. How to track an ig account you can do by paying attention to the step by step that I will share here.
Let’s look at some ways to track Instagram accounts like the following.
1. How to Track Instagram Account Through Photos
The first way to track an ig account, you can do by looking at the photo in question. What you need to pay attention to is making sure the photo you want to track is clear and not blurry. If the photo is clear, it will be easier for Google to search.
So here’s how to find out the owner of a fake ig account that you have to do.
- Open the browser on your PC. You can use a PC or laptop.
- Then please go to the Google Images page.
- Next, select the camera icon located on the top left side of the screen.
- Then select the “Upload image” menu.
- Then upload the photo you want to track the Instagram account.
- After that you have to wait for a few minutes until the upload process is complete.
- If the upload process is complete, Google will display search results so you can immediately search for it.
In browsing the photo in question, don’t be fooled by only looking at the photo at the top. Because it could be that the photo you are looking for is located in the middle or bottom row.
2. How to Track Instagram Account Through First Name of the Instagram Account
If the way to track an ig account in the first point doesn’t work. Don’t worry because I will share how to track a fake ig account using the first name of an Instagram account.
Don’t worry because the method is quite easy so you don’t have to feel difficult.
- First, go to the Instagram profile that you want to track.
- Then select the 3 dots in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Then select the “About this account” option.
- Then select the option “Previous username”
- If the user has changed his name more than once, then you can see the history of the names that have been used by that account.
In addition to displaying information from the change in the account name, there is also a time when the changes were made. For example, the date, month, and year the account owner changes the name.
The more information you get, the easier it will be for you to find out who the fake account owner is.
3. How to Track Instagram Account Through the Search Feature
You can also do how to track an ig account by using the search feature. Look for the fake account name then track it through the search feature.
Although this method is quite easy, you need to make sure that the name has indeed been registered in the Instagram App.
Here’s how to track fake Instagram accounts through the available search features.
- Please open and run the Instagram App.
- Then select the search icon located at the bottom side of the screen.
- Next the screen will display the explorer menu.
- Then type the name of the account you want to search in the search field.
- Instagram will then display a name that matches the name you are looking for.
Look more carefully for a name that is almost similar to the name you mean. Because Instagram will show suggestions for accounts with related names.
If this method is less efficient to do, you can try other methods. Because most likely the name you are looking for has many similarities making it more difficult to trace.
Take it easy because the way to find out the owner of a fake ig account can be found in other ways.
4. How to Track Instagram Account Through Mobile Numbers
If you have the cellphone number of the person you want to trace their ig account, try using this fourth method. How to track an ig account through this cellphone number or cellphone number, you don’t need to use an App.
- Rather, open the Instagram app on your phone.
- Visit the Instagram account profile page.
- Then select the three line icon in the upper right corner.
- Select the “Find people” menu.
- Then select the “Connect contact” menu.
- Then select the “Start” option.
- To continue how to track fake ig accounts, you must give Instagram permission to access contacts on your cellphone.
- Next, Instagram will display the accounts associated with your phone contacts.
This is quite easy because every contact registered on Instagram and linked to your cellphone contact, will automatically appear in friend suggestions. Then you will easily find the owner of the fake account.
5. Pay attention to the existing blue ticks
How track fake Instagram accounts can also be done by analyzing the blue check next to the Instagram account name. However, this method can only be done on accounts of popular figures such as artists or celebrities.
The reason is that the account of a famous artist or celebrity will certainly be found with a large number of fake accounts.
So to track it you can only see accounts that have blue ticks. However, if there is an account with the same name but there is no blue tick next to the name, it can be ascertained that the account is fake or fake.
If the account you want to track doesn’t have the same blue tick, then you have to be more observant to track it.